Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beagle Puppy Sad - Before and After




















This is my beagle puppy. In class, we talked about emotions, and how we can change them in photoshop. Our task was to make an animal of our choice have different emotions. We did this using the liquify tool. At first, I just played around with the liquify tool for awhile and got used to it so I could work on this task properly and efficiently. Once I was quite confident with the tools in liquify, I began to make my beagle puppy look sad. I did this by making the eyes bigger and turning his mouth downwards slightly. Firstly, I went into Filter, then into liquify. In the liquify tool, there are a few different tools to choose from. I studied some pictures of people and animals looking sad and that gave me ideas on how to change my beagle so it looked a bit sadder. Once I was in liquify, I used bloat to make his eyes bigger. Making the eyes bigger gave the effect that he was pleading. In a lot of photos or cartoons, the writers/cartoonists make the eyes go a lot bigger when the character is about to cry, this shows quite clearly that the character is sad. As the cartoons do this, I did this to my beagle as well, and it had the desired effect. Once I had completed the eyes, I moved on to making the mouth look sadder. When people are sad, they frown and their mouths go down. So I decided to try and make it look like that's what happened to my beagle. To make it look like this, I used the pucker tool and pulled the edges of his mouth down. I believe that it worked and I am quite happy with how it turned out. The mouth of the beagle did go down and it made the beagle look a bit sadder. Together with the eyes, the beagle emotion had changed. I believe that I succeeded in making the beagle puppy sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment