Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tree Frog with Emu Head

A few lessons ago we completed the Tree Frog and Emu tutorial. It was a lot of fun and I learnt a lot of new tools!
First of all I had to get the images off Blackboard and open them in photoshop. I then used the selection tools to select the emu head, after I had done this, I copied and pasted it into the frog picture.
I then turned the opacity of the emu head down so that I could see the frog head as well and I was able to arrange the emu head so it was aligned with the frog head.
I then duplicated my layer and continued on. I put a mask on the new layer and began to rub out the excess emu that was not needed. I changed the brush size a lot and used the zoom tool to get the finer bits off as well.
After this was completed, I then duplicated the layer again, and began to change the colour of the Emu head so it suited the frog more.
I used the Hue and Saturation to do this. I played around a bit with it until I was happy with the colour.
I believe that my Frog/emu turned out well and I am very happy with it. Though if I were to do it again, I am sure that I could do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment