Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Experimenting




















Today in class, I experimented with a few photoshop tutorials that I found. The website can be found here: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/40-cool-abstract-and-background-photoshop-tutorials/
This website is very helpful with making some cool backgrounds for my Avatar. In class, I experimented with two of them that I though I might be able to use on my avatar. The first one looks sort of like water and I think I might use that one fore the background of my second avatar. The purple swirl was a fun one to make and it looks very cool. I followed the tutorial for this and created the purple one. But as my character is a water elemental, I decided that if I was going to use it, I had to change the colour of it, so I changed the colour to blue in photoshop. I did this by opening the purple version in photoshop, then creating a new layer which I painted blue. I then used blending modes to create the blue effect. I believe this turned out well, though I don't know if I'll be using it on my avatar. I am also experimenting with a few tutorials at the moment that are teaching me how to create bubbles from scratch in photoshop. The one I have found is very helpful so far. I will post the completed result of my bubbles when I have finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment